January 14, 2006

No change of pace

Seems like it's been a couple of months since I last posted. 2005 was a full year with visits to Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, and then three weeks in Brazil in December that took in five major cities and a number of smaller ones that left little time for sightseeing.

It is hardly surprising that I have had little time to buy anything for my new apartment, as you can see, although the main things have now been completed: the floor, the painting and the blinds. I should go and buy some furniture but it's so hot here that it seems more sensible to work on the tan as all will for anything else fades.

2006 is going to be another hectic year. Gavin and I will be working on at least three more books this year, I have a trip to Buenos Aires coming up and I am putting together some projects for Colombia, Bolivia and Brazil that will hopefully come together. And I hope to visit Europe in the July or August for a week's work and three weeks holiday, one of which I want to take a week in Spain or France, and maybe a week or two in Eastern Europe.

I should also be starting a Masters in International Studies in April.

Best wishes for the year ahead.

Paul